* To register for the workshop, please select your first and second choices for the workshop dates you would like to attend and then enter your registration information in the boxes below.
* If you do not see a date that works for you, please contact Patti. It is possible that other dates can be added. She also provides private in-home
classes if your schedule prevents you from being available for
the weekend workshop.
There is an hourly charge for private classes.
"Labor Tools and Techniques" One-Day Birth Preparation Workshop
~ For those of you who prefer to take the fast track to your labor and birth preparation, the "Labor Tools and Techniques" Workshop is a great alternative to the 2-day Birth Preparation Workshop. It is also a practical and fun refresher class for couples who are expecting their 2nd baby (or 3rd or 4th!). *If you are expecting your first baby, it is highly recommended that you attend the 2-day Birth Preparation Workshop which includes two "Ice Journeys" - very empowering, memorable, and realistic labor simulations.
This workshop includes the following information:
*Creative labor positions
*Pain coping practices and techniques
*Ice Contaction Simulation (does not include the "Ice Journey")
*Relaxation and comfort suggestions/practices
*Rotation techniques for babies who are malpositioned
*Enhancing communication skills with each other and the medical staff
*The partner's role and how he/she can effectively support and assist the mother in labor
Class fee: $195.00 / couple
Workshop hours: 10:00am - 7:00pm - Saturday
Remaining 2013 LT&T Workshop Dates: Nov 23rd Dec 28th
**This site and all photos are COPYRIGHT©2000-2016 Patti Ramos
PLEASE no reproduction, copying or use of any kind. All rights reserved.
from couples who participated
in the "Ice Journey"
* Please bring the following items with you to the workshop:
1) Three bed-type pillows, yoga mat and a large, thick blanket or sleeping bag. We will be doing exercises on a cork floor.
2) A journal or notebook for taking notes. (this will help remind you of the many techniques, exercises and positions we will cover in class)
3) Wear comfortable clothes for some occasional exercising and floor sitting. Ladies ... please do not wear a dress or skirt.
4) Please eat a hearty meal before coming to the workshop. You are welcome to bring any additional food you might need and/or snacks to share with the group. (There is a refrigerator and microwave available)
Copperline Apartment Building
5005 Main Street (Ruston Way)
Tacoma, WA 98407
The Copperline is located in the beautiful, new Point Ruston development. We meet in the community room through the main entrance and just past the office on the right. There is a bakery and coffee shop nearby.
featuring a condensed version of the
memorable "Ice Journey" labor simulation
Class fee: $225.00/couple Hours: 12:00-7:00 pm
**2016/2017 "Labor Tools and Techniques"
Nov 19 Dec 10 Jan 28 Feb 25
Mar 25 Apr 22 May 20 Jun 24 Jul 29
Private Workshop Fee:
$350 (4-5 hours)
Hi everyone! Well today is the first day back in the real world, and I will say that it was hard to leave our little cocoon last night. Zach and I had such an emotional, awesome weekend, that it was kind of sad to leave at the end. I hope that everyone had such a profound experience, and I will definitely look forward to hearing how each of your birth experiences go. I pray that we all have safe deliveries and healthy babies!
Thanks again everyone for sharing in this weekend with us. I know that Zach and I both feel so close to one another after having gone through it together. Zach left last night saying that he will definitely recommend the class to anyone and everyone. It was such a blessing seeing the complete turnaround in him after going through my ice journey after seeing how he originally felt about his. He now says that it was great and exactly what he needed to help me through.
Anyway I hope everyone has a great week and I look forward to hearing from all of you soon. I feel a special bond with each of you, even though we only met this weekend. We all went through something so profound that it couldn't help but bring us together.
Talk to you soon ~
Suzanne & Zach
To learn more about the "ICE JOURNEY" go here
There are two workshops to choose from ...
"Labor Tools and Techniques" Workshop
a 4-5 hour workshop designed specifically to your interests and educational needs
(call to schedule) - $350.00